About.

My photo
Visual Journalism Student/ Photographer/Fashion Blogger. I love finding beauty where others don't, and I believe art can be found almost everywhere. Old and new, we can learn from all, and getting to a place where you can realize that is probably the most freeing a person can feel ever. But basically I love Fashion, and the designers are the artists with visions and their canvas' are us and the world, and I love helping spreading that message. "Ultimately isn't that fashion is about? We're all a bunch of big kids playing dress up." Feel free to e-mail me @ andrewwwhester@gmail.com to talk about anything!

Add STOPTALKING.

Bookmark and Share

Friday, January 7, 2011

SPRING 2011 StopTalking Playlist

'In Love, Not Limbo' is a very feel good song, not that many lyrics, but a hypnotizing beat for relaxing. I came across it in September or October 2010, and it has stuck with me since.

Sleigh Bells is a band that seems to have huge potential. 'Infinity Guitars' was the first song I heard from the band around my 21st birthday LAST November, but it is so loud and obnoxious and I love how it makes me feel. The sound of an overloaded amp and an empowering female lead spitting words out like poetry makes me want to throw myself around while having the power to knock out predators as they come along.

Rihanna's 'Only Girl' is one of those songs that I don't think I could ever get tired of. It may seem stereotypical and cliche, but it is sort like a modern cross between Diana Ross' play with woman empowered lyrics and electro-hip-POP sound that makes it so good.
Plus, the video is sick.

Pretty Lights is an obsession that I have come across in the late Fall of 2010, but I am loving every bit of their cd. Based on beats and rhythms, "Glowing in the Darkest Night" flows from slow to fast 5 to 7 minutes tracks that sound like one ultra long mesmerizing mixtape that flows together.

Enough said.

I found this Mash-up of Moxie Black and Death Cab in 'Closer' on a mix-tape this past October, and it has stuck with me every since. The use of the slower beats that can trigger emotions and a more tough voice play are a different but definitely interesting mix that I can leave on in my car and get lost in.

CONTAGIOUS. Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream' "We can dance, un-til we diiiie." Those words have made me completely fall in love with this song and forget how cheesy the song is. Not to mention the song is a full on anthem for "going all the way" and losing the V card.
P.S., just try watching the music video without your mouth being wide open because of all the hotness you experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment