About.

My photo
Visual Journalism Student/ Photographer/Fashion Blogger. I love finding beauty where others don't, and I believe art can be found almost everywhere. Old and new, we can learn from all, and getting to a place where you can realize that is probably the most freeing a person can feel ever. But basically I love Fashion, and the designers are the artists with visions and their canvas' are us and the world, and I love helping spreading that message. "Ultimately isn't that fashion is about? We're all a bunch of big kids playing dress up." Feel free to e-mail me @ andrewwwhester@gmail.com to talk about anything!

Add STOPTALKING.

Bookmark and Share

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Patrik Ervell Spring 2011


PATRIK ERVELL SPRING 2011

I found out about Patrik Ervell from the press, press, press he gets and from a Youtube fashion film came upon one day while googling James Ransone. The video featured Ransone reading from Fitzgerald's "Gatsby" while sitting in a park on what appears to be a statue. -One I love Gatsby, & two I love James Ransone, so I was intrigued. I had to find out more.


Most American designers for Menswear, (in my opinion) tend to play it safe. I have been sticking to neutrals, and that's about it...and that's what I like about this collection. Subtlety in the colors and then an add of accent in detail with the little pleat at the top of the sweat-dress pants and the boxiness of the trench. But, two more things that made me really fall in love was the "belting", the hats, and the metaphor of the runway being The Financial Times and the models stepping allll over it.

Photos by Andy Kropa/Getty Images

No comments:

Post a Comment