About.

My photo
Visual Journalism Student/ Photographer/Fashion Blogger. I love finding beauty where others don't, and I believe art can be found almost everywhere. Old and new, we can learn from all, and getting to a place where you can realize that is probably the most freeing a person can feel ever. But basically I love Fashion, and the designers are the artists with visions and their canvas' are us and the world, and I love helping spreading that message. "Ultimately isn't that fashion is about? We're all a bunch of big kids playing dress up." Feel free to e-mail me @ andrewwwhester@gmail.com to talk about anything!

Add STOPTALKING.

Bookmark and Share

Monday, December 20, 2010

Paging Betty Draper to the Runway...

I can't believe it has taken me this long to get into AMC's Mad Men,
but now that I have started watching,
(beginning Season One right after Black Friday and currently starting Season Four)
...I'm HOOKED.


Betty Draper has got to be one of my favorite female lead characters in television now. Not only does January Jones (-future Versace Spring11 Ad Campaign model) portray the 60's depressed housewife perfectly, she started bring back the 60's "open umbrella under the dress" look way before this past Fall season when it was shown again Paris & Milan with Louis Vuitton and Prada.

Slim waists, billowing bottoms and prints, prints, prints...



PRADA, Fall 2010


Louis Vuitton, Fall 2010

That is the other reason I am posting this...it is so sad to me that I am just now picking up on this trend besides the fact I don't know how many times I have passed the ads this season in about 20 fashion editorial magazines.


PRADA Fall 2010 Campaign


Louis Vuitton Fall 2010 Campaign

SO, here it is. The post that I should have posted in September.
The 60's are here for Fall, and now, 70's for Spring!
The 70's revival is so exciting. All about exhilarating colors and prints. (Reds, oranges, deep purples, neons, and animal prints ---LEOPARD), but that post will come later! Enjoy, my post I am ashamed to be posting in late December just as Fall is coming to a close, but I feel is too good to not post!

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment