About.

My photo
Visual Journalism Student/ Photographer/Fashion Blogger. I love finding beauty where others don't, and I believe art can be found almost everywhere. Old and new, we can learn from all, and getting to a place where you can realize that is probably the most freeing a person can feel ever. But basically I love Fashion, and the designers are the artists with visions and their canvas' are us and the world, and I love helping spreading that message. "Ultimately isn't that fashion is about? We're all a bunch of big kids playing dress up." Feel free to e-mail me @ andrewwwhester@gmail.com to talk about anything!

Add STOPTALKING.

Bookmark and Share

Monday, October 4, 2010

GIVENCHY S11 | JUNGLE FEVER

(My Homemade Givenchy Logo Screenprint)

GIVENCHY | SPRING 2011 | JUNGLE FEVER


Leopard. in print. & printed in leather. Givenchy Spring 2011 Womens and Mens were full of classic white and black silhouettes draped in leopard. Gas masks on the men, which I was dying to see on the Women, but instead I saw laser-ed leopard onto a leather vest giving it a distressed soft looking feel...
talking about it makes me want to start selling my blood to buy my own! (!Amazing!)

Riccardo Tisci clearly had an clear vision when presenting this collection. Down to the detailing of the print and the placing of the zippers, (& zippers, & zippers) to accentuate the lines on the hips and form. Floor-length white netted skirts, ruffles, hardware-d belts and socks with heels, disguised cross forms... I don't know if it's because I love animal prints, and that may make a tidbit bias, but oh well, EVERYTHING about this collection is flawless. this White and black are the only colors present in the collection other than the nude and dark brown in the print. The leopard print is very intricate in design thinking of the animal and the idea of disguise and power. Not the king of the animal kingdom, but the leopard sure does have its right to the throne. The print represents power, sexuality and it demands attention. This collection is powerful. Pieces of statement are usually a pop of color or an accessory that gives a look a true individuality, but to have black and white as the statement pieces,
then the true talent is shown.

(Brad Pitt, by Annie Leibovitz, LAS VEGAS, 1994.)

(Leopard shot, by LIFE Magazine photographer,Nina Leen)

(Leopard print Stamp I created last year in Design I. March 2010)













No comments:

Post a Comment