About.

My photo
Visual Journalism Student/ Photographer/Fashion Blogger. I love finding beauty where others don't, and I believe art can be found almost everywhere. Old and new, we can learn from all, and getting to a place where you can realize that is probably the most freeing a person can feel ever. But basically I love Fashion, and the designers are the artists with visions and their canvas' are us and the world, and I love helping spreading that message. "Ultimately isn't that fashion is about? We're all a bunch of big kids playing dress up." Feel free to e-mail me @ andrewwwhester@gmail.com to talk about anything!

Add STOPTALKING.

Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Marfa Fashion Week



Berlin based artists Michael Elmgreen and Ignar Dragset
are responsible for this piece of art (above, bottom) in MARFA, Texas,
and more importantly for this piece of art
that has ended up all over the web and even on Gossip Girl!



I first noticed the pictures of the store on my friend Mary's blog.
I didn't recognize the print from Gossip Girl (above) had anything to do
with Elmgreen and Dragset's work until I saw it again in Interview Magazine.
I then saw that canvas prints on sale for $300 with proceeds going
to the Art Production Fund, and then I began my investigation.


Check out an interview with Michael Elmgreen and Ignar Dragset!


This is one piece I will have to get,
and will be obsessing over it until I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment