About.

My photo
Visual Journalism Student/ Photographer/Fashion Blogger. I love finding beauty where others don't, and I believe art can be found almost everywhere. Old and new, we can learn from all, and getting to a place where you can realize that is probably the most freeing a person can feel ever. But basically I love Fashion, and the designers are the artists with visions and their canvas' are us and the world, and I love helping spreading that message. "Ultimately isn't that fashion is about? We're all a bunch of big kids playing dress up." Feel free to e-mail me @ andrewwwhester@gmail.com to talk about anything!

Add STOPTALKING.

Bookmark and Share

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Baroque to Warhol. - Prada | Spring 2011

| PRADA | SPRING 2011 |

Miuccia Prada's vision for Spring 2011 was Baroque art and Minimalism.
I love the art of the Baroque movement, mostly still life, of fruit, dogs, and table settings.
Prada has given it an electric twist with Warhol-esque banana shirts and striped fur shrugs.





Dare I say "Modern Baroque"?...if that isn't too much of an oxymoron. I'm not complaining at all. Almost every piece is a statement piece. The yellow & electric green mix is my favorite, but also I am drawn oddly to the blue monkey art. The minimalism in the form and shape give the prints a canvas feel for the art to be viewed. Color, but not boring color, and that's what I love. When color has a statement other than just using it as an excuse instead of black is what I love. Color, fur, bananas...Prada is in my Top 5 for Collections of Spring 2011. I say Top 5 because I haven't seen Givenchy and Balmain yet.








Runway Photos credit: Jezebel & VOGUE.com

No comments:

Post a Comment