About.

My photo
Visual Journalism Student/ Photographer/Fashion Blogger. I love finding beauty where others don't, and I believe art can be found almost everywhere. Old and new, we can learn from all, and getting to a place where you can realize that is probably the most freeing a person can feel ever. But basically I love Fashion, and the designers are the artists with visions and their canvas' are us and the world, and I love helping spreading that message. "Ultimately isn't that fashion is about? We're all a bunch of big kids playing dress up." Feel free to e-mail me @ andrewwwhester@gmail.com to talk about anything!

Add STOPTALKING.

Bookmark and Share

Sunday, September 12, 2010

AWang Spring 2011

ALEXANDER WANG | SPRING 2011

Fresh-faced models with hair plastered down with white clay, septum rings, and a silver lining.

Spotted : M.I.A, Lenny Kravitz, and Terry Richardson.
Photo by Neilson Barnard/Getty Images

The colors were white, gray, silver, a sherbet colored orange, sea foam green, and also metallic versions of all of the above. What I like about Alexander Wang is that he always know how to make RTW clothing flow. White on white is a lot going on for me, but it wasn't just that. It was the perfect layering of the looks and how most of the pieces had sort of an X-ray see-through look to show every piece.

Wang knows detailing, and styling, and re-vampification. The famous Alexander Wang vest are now white, and it is still very Wang because of the detail to styling. There are vests everywhere, and the outerwear, if you can even call it that because it is so light looking, is so airy and perfect for Spring. Let's call "outer-air" because that's what it looks like to me. There is a sort of naturalness to the collection from the make-up and hair that gives it a hard and soft aspect. Until now, I thought it was impossible to use the word "hard" when wearing an all white look, but it happened, and it's a good thing, a reallllly good thing.







Photos from theCUT

Search Resultsmetak

No comments:

Post a Comment